Australian Facetors' Guild Limited

Items for sale by the Guild

• 15 Dec 2019 5:10 AM
    Message # 8278133

Hope this is an acceptable topic, if not I understand it will be deleted.

As an overseas member of the Guild, I'm wondering if the officers might not consider this topic at the next board meeting, to use an established service like PayPal, so overseas members might use it when purchasing items that are for sale by the guild. 

I just discovered what a faceting design book would run including the overseas transfer cost.  I have no problem paying the cost of the book $35 and overseas postage $37.70 totaling $72.70 to mail it to the US, however, since the Guild currently only accepts transfers of monies, I would be paying an additional fee to my bank of $45, bringing the cost of a $35 publication to almost $100 even with the current exchange rate.

I'm a retired individual, living on limited funds.  The design book would be a great addition to my library and to be used as a source for new designs to facet, however, the transfer of funds cost, is making it impossible for me to purchase.

Thanking the board members in advance for looking into this matter.

Glenn Wood

• 15 Dec 2019 7:00 PM
    Reply # 8283386 on 8278133
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

Hi Glenn, we'll take a look if that's possible, can't promise anything.

Paul

• 16 Dec 2019 5:54 AM
    Reply # 8287699 on 8278133

Thanks Paul.

• 16 Dec 2019 8:19 AM
    Reply # 8288595 on 8278133

Any items sent overseas that have been paid by PayPal MUST be sent Express Post WITH "signature required", otherwise the scammers will flock in like rabid magpies.

What the scammers will do is claim "not received", demand a refund and the seller is left with no item and a refund to purchaser.

You, Glenn Wood, are not implied or otherwise intentioned to be a scammer, it is only a problem that I have encountered from overseas purchasers that must sell-on, or whatever they do.

• 16 Dec 2019 3:37 PM
    Reply # 8291507 on 8278133
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

Hi Glenn,

I've had our Treasurer take a look, unfortunately it is not possible to purchase books from the Guild using Pay pal.

Paul

Copyright 2015 Australian Facetors' Guild Limited  •  Site by Highland Creative