Australian Facetors' Guild Limited

Datavue in Gemcad

• 15 Jan 2019 4:52 PM
    Message # 7001591
    Anonymous

I had a computer glitch and have to install all the programs I use . I have installed Gemcad successfully but how to I get the Datavue details to open in Gemcad ?

Thanks

• 15 Jan 2019 6:14 PM
    Reply # 7001621 on 7001591

Hi John

Copy the folder with Dataview files to the root directory (C:).

Make sure the files are in the folder and it should work fine.

Peter S tells me it is configured to work from there.  A programmer may be able to reverse engineer it so it is more flexible, but it's beyond me.

Regards

Gordon

Last modified: 15 Jan 2019 6:16 PM | Anonymous member
  • 20 Jun 2019 2:39 PM
    Reply # 7588865 on 7001591

Sorry, bit of an old topic but just wanted to chime in.

Datavue doesn't need to be on the C:\ drive. You can place the files anywhere.

To hook them up, just fire up GemCad, go into the "File" menu, then choose "Search Datavue Database" and it will open a file browser asking you to locate the "DLIST.DBF" file (this is one of the datavue files).

Point it to where you've placed your datavue files, hit Open and restart Gemcad. It should work after that.

And for extra bonus points, if you've already installed it and want to change where it is, run a registry editor (Windows 10 menu, type "Run" or WinKey-R then enter "regedit"). Browse to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GemCad\Database" and edit the value called "Path". Or delete it to force GemCad to ask you again.

Copyright 2015 Australian Facetors' Guild Limited  •  Site by Highland Creative