Australian Facetors' Guild Limited

Topaz rough

• 21 Dec 2018 11:22 AM
    Message # 6968524

Bought three Topaz stones on eBay to cut gems for next year’s comp, two of them turned out to have very faint wisps and clouds in them. Only visible after polishing the pavilion and no problem at all as far as normal use is concerned. But totally useless as far as competition entries are concerned, so will polish a window into the last stone to see if there are any flaws in it.

My question is where do other members get their Topaz rough from?

• 22 Dec 2018 6:45 AM
    Reply # 6969492 on 6968524
    Anonymous member (Administrator)
    If you need to buy then look for traders in the Facet Talk they will look after you 

• 23 Dec 2018 7:15 AM
    Reply # 6970280 on 6968524

I did email one of the advertised suppliers who offer rough Topaz for sale and asked to purchase three Topaz stones of around 30crt each. They never replied, I emailed a week later and they never replied to that one either.

I have purchased treated blue Topaz from Colour Wright in the US in the past, their stones are preformed and have stated dimensions. Making it easier to pick stones for a particular cut.

So bought three stones from them on Friday, they responded instantly to my purchase and sent them first class mail the same day.

Copyright 2015 Australian Facetors' Guild Limited  •  Site by Highland Creative