Australian Facetors' Guild Limited

search function on forum

• 13 Oct 2018 5:44 PM
    Message # 6720427

Question: is there a search function available on the forum to look for topics and or specific comments to a topic?

In particular I would be interested to know if anybody has had issues with cracking of CZ material during faceting.

• 14 Oct 2018 7:41 AM
    Reply # 6720964 on 6720427
    Anonymous member (Administrator)
    Anonymous wrote:

Question: is there a search function available on the forum to look for topics and or specific comments to a topic?

In particular I would be interested to know if anybody has had issues with cracking of CZ material during faceting.

Hi  I will look into a search field for the forum..

Also I have been informed that a large quantity of ZC made in china and sold from the USA as top grade has been cracking/chipping my advise,= Cut NATURAL stones haha

Regards

Ed 

The Forum is not set up for a forum search engine only at this time, but it has been place on the wish list 

Regards

Ed

Last modified: 17 Oct 2018 1:56 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)
  • 14 Oct 2018 12:08 PM
    Reply # 6721132 on 6720427
    Anonymous

Hans ,

There has definitely been some CZ on the market which is not the standard we have been used to .

How to identify a reliable source is a problem. Hopefully one of the dealers in Australia will take up the challenge to find a source of good quality CZ . Perhaps an AFG member who knows of a reliable source will put the details on this forum.

John

• 15 Oct 2018 12:27 AM
    Reply # 6721608 on 6720427

John

What a great idea to have this sort of information available on the forum. Hopefully an AFG member is able to help out here.

Hans

• 17 Oct 2018 1:51 PM
    Reply # 6763445 on 6720427
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

I no the problem many are having with Manmade stuff I personally do not use any. I would rather cut NATURAL stones.

but to answer your question when you buy rough I place it in a bag and mark it with whom I got it from and the date, then if some thing is  found to be wrong with it you can contact that person. Their are at least 6 dealers in the Facet Talk I am sure they will be glad to help you

Hope this helps

Last modified: 17 Oct 2018 1:54 PM | Anonymous member (Administrator)
  • 18 Oct 2018 4:59 AM
    Reply # 6773698 on 6720964
    Anonymous wrote:
    Anonymous wrote:

Hi  I will look into a search field for the forum..

Also I have been informed that a large quantity of ZC made in china and sold from the USA as top grade has been cracking/chipping my advise,= Cut NATURAL stones haha

Regards

Ed 

The Forum is not set up for a forum search engine only at this time, but it has been place on the wish list 

Regards

Ed

Thanks Ed. Much appreciated. Hopefully it can be implemented some time in the near future.
    Hans

• 18 Oct 2018 5:02 AM
    Reply # 6773732 on 6763445
    Anonymous wrote:

I no the problem many are having with Manmade stuff I personally do not use any. I would rather cut NATURAL stones.

but to answer your question when you buy rough I place it in a bag and mark it with whom I got it from and the date, then if some thing is  found to be wrong with it you can contact that person. Their are at least 6 dealers in the Facet Talk I am sure they will be glad to help you

Hope this helps

Thanks for everyones feedback so far.

Cheers Hans

Copyright 2015 Australian Facetors' Guild Limited  •  Site by Highland Creative