Australian Facetors' Guild Limited

Gemmasta GF4 Motor

• 24 Nov 2017 1:17 PM
    Message # 5599855
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

Does anyone know the brand/supplier of the motor (finned type) used on the GF4?

Shelleys do not appear to have them in their website catalogue and there is no marking on the motor. The motor is one of the original finned types, without external brush-holders, but I believe one of the later ones with brush holders would also fit.

Between using those two versions of the motor, a different brand was used - does anyone know if that type had a different mounting, or could it be swapped in directly?

• 24 Nov 2017 4:30 PM
    Reply # 5599906 on 5599855
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

Bruce, The finned type motor is made by Australian Permanent Magnet Motor Co in Melbourne. Not sure if they're still in business. Shellys do sell them for about $600. The other brand is made by Parfalux? Google to find them. It's cheaper to go 12vDC conversion about $150 will get you a 12vdc motor, speed control, and a 240vAC - 12vdc converter. The motor & speed control are available  from  Motion Dynamics in Sydney the converter off e-bay. I've converted 3 Gemmasta's one a GF4 I'll send you the details if you like.

Copyright 2015 Australian Facetors' Guild Limited  •  Site by Highland Creative